
After a few months of sporadic effort, I finally finished the baby quilt I wanted to make for the Stacey boy on the way. It was actually a lot of fun to make and I don't think it will be my last quilt (although I wouldn't mind paying someone to bind the next one for me...I'm still not sure how I got the binding on this one). There are lots of mistakes but if you can't see them, then I'm not telling (and I think the style lends itself well to mistakes). Can I just tell you how good it feels to FINISH!? There is so much in my life that is just an on-going cycle (which is fine) but it is great to start a lengthy project and actually get it done in a reasonable amount of time. It kind of makes me want to start another project but the timing would be a bit unreasonable I think :). I've got more important things coming my way.
So little baby Stacey, now that your quilt is finished, you are welcome to come anytime. However, it would be great if you could come between Dec. 24 (Andrew has boards on the 23rd) and Jan. 3 (when Andrew starts his next rotation). I know that means coming a little early, but I made you this nifty quilt, so help a mother out!
By the way, if you want instructions on how to make a similar quilt, go
here. And if you live in Columbus, I would recommend this
little fabric shoppe because they have really cute stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment